Happy New Year!
Here are a list of things that we can look forward to this year…(According to Wikipedia, and other sources)
- January 15 – Annular eclipse occurs in Indian Ocean. It can be seen in Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda, Kenya, Maldives, southeastern of India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, central China. It is also the longest annular eclipse in the 21st century.
- January 29 – Mars opposition with Earth will occur.
- February 4 – Planned date of the first flight of the SpaceX Falcon 9 commercial heavy lift launch vehicle.
- February 7 – On STS-130, the Space Shuttle Endeavour will deploy the Tranquility module and the Cupola, a robotic control station with six windows around its sides and another in the center that provides a 360-degree view around the station.
- March 18 – On STS-131, the Space Shuttle Atlantis will use the MPLM Raffaello to deliver science racks to the laboratories of the International Space Station.
- May 14 – On STS-132, the Space Shuttle Atlantis will carry an integrated cargo carrier to deliver maintenance and assembly hardware, including spare parts for space station systems.
- June 6 – Conjunction between Jupiter and Uranus, Jupiter 28′ south. First conjunction of triple conjunction Jupiter/Uranus.
- June 26 – Partial lunar eclipse, visible after sunset in Asia, and Australia, and before sunrise in the Americas.
- July 11 – Total solar eclipse (visible only in the South Pacific (esp. Easter Island) and southern South America).
- July 29 – On STS-134, the Space Shuttle Endeavour will deliver the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer and the third ExPRESS Logistics Carrier to the International Space Station.
- September 16 – On STS-133, the Space Shuttle Discovery will deliver the Express Logistics Carrier 4 (ELC4), a Multi-Purpose Logistics Module (MLPM) and critical spare components to the International Space Station. It currently marks the scheduled end of the Space Shuttle program.
- September 22 – Conjunction between Jupiter and Uranus, Jupiter 53′ south. Second conjunction of triple conjunction Jupiter/Uranus.
… And if we are to believe everything we read/See in movies
- 2010 is the year Jupiter becomes a second sun in the Sol system!
“ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE. USE THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN PEACE.”